
Yesterday, I was able to attend and sing at the wedding of my childhood friend, Jaime. First off, we thought we were arriving 15 minutes early, but as we walked up the stairs of the church, right in front of us was the Bride about to walk down the aisle. I guess we were 15 minutes late. Seeing as I had to sing, this was pretty bad and irresponsible of me since I had no idea where to sit. We were able to tiptoe to the front and take a seat by the piano.
I have never attended a Catholic wedding before, and boy, are they long. I've never seen people stand and sit so many times. I was getting a kick out of it.
It was an Irish themed wedding, and seeing as Jaime has maybe a 32nd of Irish in her, the Priest took it upon himself to change her name from Jaime Petrjanos, to O'Petrjanos.
Once they said I do, Jaime started skipping in place and chanting, "I'm married, I'm married." It was so Jaime and so cute.
After the I dos, I sang Ave Maria. Unfortunately I never had opportunity to practice with the pianist, we just chatted on the phone and decided we would be fine. I emailed her a copy of the music I had and had faith we would be great. Once she started playing, it was in an entirely different key then I had practiced by myself. This one was much higher. She also took it much slower, so holding out all those notes, I was losing breath. I made it through though, and I don't think anyone knew that I had never done it before.
After the wedding, the reception was held at the zoo. To start the party, they brought a hawk in to fly over our heads. Unfortunately, it would fly very low and would hit people on the head. This happened 4 times! After dinner, the bride and groom went to cut the cake. A cake which was rice crispy treats. Then they had individual rice crispy treats served at each table. Not your traditional wedding.
Since I had to sing at it, I needed a new dress. I needed something with a bit of green in it to go with the Irish theme. This is the only picture we have from the wedding. I think I look pretty cute.
I was a fun wedding and I am so happy for my friend. Congratulations Jaime and Jeff! By the way, Mom and I did all the flowers. It was a busy week.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
PJ 's Married
Posted by Batman Forever at 4:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I assumed you would have to go up in the loft. That's what I always did at St. Pat's for weddings and funerals. She wanted you to be seen, I guess? Congrats Jaimie!
you look FIERCE!
Post a Comment