Monday, March 3, 2008

Decisions


Next week, Andrew and I go to the Design Center, to pick out pretty much everything for our house. What pressure! Everything from the cabinets to carpet color, flooring, paint color for the interior and exterior, counter tops, to how many outlets to put in a room, and on an on. My biggest hang ups are how many cable outlets to put in, do I put one in each room. It is so stupid, they charge like 80 bucks per outlet. Do I put a fan in the master bedroom or just have them pre-wire and do it myself later. What about garage door openers? Now or later? It's a tough choice. If you have them do it, it will cost more, but it will go in our mortgage payment. Who knows how much extra money we will have to put these things in once we move in. So this is my dilemma. So many decisions.

5 comments:

Andreas V said...

Is your mortgage payment going to be expensive? If you have plenty of elbow room, then I would just get it all done now. However, if you need to save the money, then you can just wait to do things yourself when you have the cash. Because it's not like these things are necessary, right?

Tanya Dow said...

Here is the real question: Will you have to pay someone to do these things later or will Andrew be able to do them? It will probably be just as expensive if you have to hire it out later! AND - how long till it gets done if you don't have it done now? The garage door opener would be a must for me, since we park in the garage. Good luck with all these questions!

Leigh said...

just wait til later, and I'm come over with duct tape and put the fan up. I say put it in now so you finance it. You'll end up paying through the roof later. And, you don't need cable in every room. The kids don't all need TVs in their rooms.

Brandon and Becca said...

It stinks having to figure it all out now, but it is going to be so worth it when you move in to your own brand new house. Get the stuff put in that you can't do by yourself (as long as it works into the budget). $80 over 30 years can't amount to that much right?

Get Bent said...

I think everyone has said it all. I agree with Leigh. Watch out when you turn on that ducted taped fan though. ;)
good luck.