Friday, March 21, 2008

Isaac Heads to State


Today was the state chess tournament. Since Isaac's team did so well at districts, they were invited to go to state. It was the first time Isaac's school sent a team to state. It was pretty tough competition, and proved to be more advanced then our team was ready for. But individually, Isaac did really well. He won his first round game and was pretty evenly matched for the others. He was really bummed at the end of the day that his team didn't do better, but I think he should be pretty proud of himself. Now he can look forward to next year and polish his skills.

To help cheer him up, Andrew took Isaac to Ben and Jerry's for a little ice cream. I think it worked. He looks pretty happy.

5 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

Just getting there was a great accomplishment!! I want Ben & Jerry's.

Leigh said...

mmm ... ice cream. Way to go Isaac!

Andreas V said...

What a smarty pants! I don't think I've ever even played a game of chess. Congrats Isaac!!!

Get Bent said...

Chess! That is so cool. I can never remember the rules.
Congrats Issac!

Leigh said...

bad blogger, it's been a while.