Monday, June 2, 2008

Twilight


So my girlfriends have been telling me for a long time that I needed to read some vampire book written by a mormon. Vampire books? So not for me. No way.
But the continued to pester. So many people, even acquaintances telling me to read it. The last straw came when a friend from choir was so excited cause she got to visit the movie set of Twilight. What's Twilight, I asked her? She looked at me like I had lost my mind. She could not believe I hadn't read it. She said anybody who was anyone had read it. And you know me, I can't stand to be left out, so I buckled and bought the book.
LOVED IT!
I loved it so much, I immediately went and bought book 2. Then book 3. I'm hooked and can't wait for the next one to come out in August. And I so can't wait for the movie.
I recommend you run out and read this book. So good and such an easy read. Perfect for the beach and lounging.

8 comments:

Brandon and Becca said...

I loved these books too! I still can't get my mom to read them though. Our book club wants to go to lunch at the place in Port Angeles and then go for a tour of Forks when the next book comes out.

NicKim Family said...

They were cute, fun books! It was a nice easy read too which was so nice! It almost embarrassing to say how fast I went through them - like I have nothing else to do :) I've been thinking of reading her new book while I wait for August to roll around. I've heard it's not as quick of a read, but still a fabulous book!!

Anonymous said...

I felt the exact same way. But I liked them too. I am getting ready to start reading the Host I hear it is a little bit more grown up so you might want to try it!

Leigh said...

I'm so glad you joined the club! I was reluctant to read them (I'm so not into fantasy/monster/vampire crap) but just like I was reluctant to read Harry Potter, I ended up loving both series.

Get Bent said...

Hmm, I've heard alot about them too. Now that YOU say you like them, I think I may want to read them. Not sure if I want to go out & buy them though...maybe when you are done I can borrow them...
pretty please? ;)

Kylee said...

I have to admit I love these vampire books! And I'm not a vampire girl, either. I'm a huge bookworm and they are such fun reads. I am excited for August! I never thought I'd love to meet Edward - he seems like a babe even though he's freezing cold and solid as a rock!

Andreas V said...

Never heard of them. I don't think it's hit Denmark yet. Can I borrow them when I come for a visit?

Tanya Dow said...

Okay, well this post got TONS of comments. I still haven't read them either. Katie says that they are one of those books you can't put down so I plan on reading them on my plane ride to Hawaii.