Monday, June 16, 2008

Great Garage Sale Finds


Friday I went to one of the huge neighborhood garage sales. I normally hate going, just a bunch of junk, but I'm in need of some dressers, so I thought this was a place to look. Armed with $80 and a good pair of shoes, I set off with a few of my friends.
The first place we checked out, I scored a major deal. Jackson has been asking forever for a Nintendo DS. Not that we need anymore gaming systems in our house, but I found 2 for sale, and they only wanted $20 for them. Of course I had to get them. What a steal.
A little while later we passed an almost new bike trailer for the baby. I was gonna go buy one just that week for $100 bucks on sale at K-mart but here sit one for only $20. Score!
After that I finally found a decent dresser which I can paint for Gavin. I got this for $20 also. $20 was the theme of the day.
I think I didn't pretty dang good at my finds. I may have to do this more often.

5 comments:

Leigh said...

dude you scored! I can't believe the Nintendo DS deal. Now Jack has to find something else to ask for for Christmas.

Get Bent said...

Wow you did good. That is awesome.
have fun painting that dresser!

Tanya Dow said...

Oh, my gosh!! You did awesome - I need to find a Nintendo DS for our trip this summer but I don't want to pay $130. Hopefully I can find a great deal like you did - I don't care if they are used!!!

Coon Family Est. 2003 said...

Your the queen of finding the best deals....I'm jealous!

Andreas V said...

That sounds like fun! I love bargain shopping. Good for you!