Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Suggestions


I'm in need of a new author. I've read just about everything my favorites have written, and now I don't know what to pick. I like a pretty easy read, since I have so many kids in the house. I can't concentrate like I would like to.
I enjoy reading suspense, and romance. I'm not really into fantasy, although I love Harry Potter and the Twilight series, so you never know.
I'm happy to take any suggestions you can give me. Thanks.

5 comments:

NicKim Family said...

Oh me too!! I just finished a huge book and don't know what to read now! I won't suggest the book I just read, it wasn't very good, I just finished it to finish it. I'll have to check back and see what other people suggest!

Oh, thanks for your nice comment on my blog! ~Kim

Get Bent said...

I have just the thing for you!

Jodi Picoult Vanishing Acts. My mom let me borrow it, and I'm sure she'd be happy for me to pass it on. It's regular fiction (which I am reading more of, and seem to be moving away from Fantasy/sci-fi, which I used to read a lot of.)
Beautiful story of a mother...I LOVED it- so richly textured and the different points of view...can you tell I was about to blog about it?? Let me know- I can bring it to church this sunday--

Get Bent said...

Maybe I wasn't very clear, looking at it now. The book's name is "Vanishing Acts"
Author: Jodi Picoult

Kylee said...

Hi Betsy! My sister loves all of Jodi Piccoult books. They all seem to deal with different issues. I've read a couple and liked them. I also hear "The Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale is good. That's on my list to read along with the book "Eragon" and the "Eldest", with a 3rd one due out later this year. There is also a new book by Stephenie Meyer called "The Host" and I've heard it's actually good even though it's about aliens. Oh and another recommendation is Ella Enchanted - the book. Let me know if you read any of them! Kylee

Anonymous said...

Phillipa Gragory, she wrote The Other Boleun Girl...really good!