
Today Jackson had his surgery, and he did great. I think he thought is was a fun adventure. The hospital where it was at is really catered to kids. A great play room with Nintendo to keep them busy while they wait to be wheeled down to surgery.
He was so cute when he was doped up with the "relaxing" drug. He was sitting on the floor, playing with a toy, and I asked him if he felt the medicine working yet, but he said no. So I said he better get up and into bed before it starts to work. He goes to stand up, and falls flat on his face. Oh yeah, the medicine was working.
He is a bit upset about the size of his cast. I know I told him before that his cast would go above the elbow, but he must have not heard. It goes almost to his shoulder and he hates it. It took him a good hour of crying about it before he calmed down. Now I think he kinda thinks it's cool.
Right now the cast is temporary until Friday when they will put on the colorful fiberglass cast. I think he wants blue.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Surgery Update
Posted by Batman Forever at 9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm glad it went well. Now we need pictures of the cast.
Blue would be awesome. It probably won't show quite as much dirt as white. Good thing it isn't winter because long sleeves would be a little harder.
wow, Jackson sure has changed since I last saw him. Has he lost weight? He's pretty two dimensional. Diggin' the red shoes, though.
Wow how tramatic for him and you! Broken bones are never fun. At least he won't have it on all summer, right? When is your house done by the way?
Post a Comment