
We had a little drama around here today. Around 5:00 pm, Ellie comes running in to tell me Jackson fell off the swing in the greenway and needed me to come help. Now, Andrew wasn't home, so I had to drag the baby with me and head into the slick, muddy forest. Once we found Jackson, he was crying very hard and saying his hands hurt. If you know Jackson, you know he has a flair for the dramatic, so you don't know how bad things are with him. I got him to get up and walk on his own, thankfully, since I didn't know how to carry him and the baby. Once I got him home, I cleaned him up and examined him to see if he could move his hands. He could, but he was crying so hard. He was inconsolable. I called the doc and brought him in. I still wasn't sure if it was broken since he could move it, but I needed to be sure.
The doctor checked it out and thought his wrist was definitely broken. He sent us for x-rays to see the extent of the break. I saw the x-ray and I could tell it was broken. They say it is off 20%, what ever that means. But we have to see a bone doc on Monday so they can realign the bones and cast him. I don't look forward to that.
Poor Jack. I feel like I wasn't too sympathetic to him. I guess he really was in a lot of pain. You just never know with him.
Friday, May 9, 2008
A Bad Break
Posted by Batman Forever at 10:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Ugh! I know, it is so hard to tell if they are being overly dramatic or if they are truly injured. I feel so bad for him, it will probably hurt this weekend.
Ouch. Good luck Monday.
OH sad! Tell Jack I'm sorry and I'll be thinking about him. I hope he gets a really cool cast though. And I want to sign it :)
Oh poor Jackson. That reminds me how Andrew had a broken arm for a week before he was taken to the doctor. At least you got him in to the doc!
Poor Guy! Hope he feels better soon!
Post a Comment