Monday, February 11, 2008

How I Miss You!




I have waited to say farewell to you until I knew I had the strength to say goodbye for good. I fell in love with you when I was a little girl. I would order a chicken nugget Happy Meal with a diet coke. The love affair continued to grow to the point that I was drinking about 6 cans a day. That doesn't include what ever I'd order from the drive thru. It was getting to the point that I was craving you too much. Almost like a stalker. I knew what I had to do, and I knew it would be hard. I had to say goodbye. So I'm off you. Completely. No pop at all. Not the caffeine free version. Nothing. I do have to say though, I'm saving a lot of money. But I digress. Goodbye DP. I will miss you!!!

UPDATE*** I failed to mention that prior to writing this, I haven't had a drink in 3 weeks. I was just waiting to say goodbye until I knew I had kicked it for good.

8 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

WAY TO GO!!

Brandon and Becca said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I should join you, because I've grown attached to real coke, not diet, the full calorie version. GO BETSY!

Andreas V said...

wow! Good for you! I should do that too. I get a really bad headache after a few days of no coke. Terrible!

Leigh said...

I made a similar goal at the beginning of the year, and I was getting the worst headaches. So I'm not going cold turkey. I'm slowly weaning myself off. Good luck to you, though.

L and T said...

Holy crap Bets~
Do you feel better? I cut back for baby, but I'm not ready to say goodbye
How do you feel?

Get Bent said...

You are a strong woman, I must say.
Stronger than me! I love a diet something or other on a regular basis...

Andreas V said...

Hey Bets. I put a new entry on the blog. Check it out.

Anonymous said...

good idea...all soda is poison...i'm still just thinking about giving it up...i was leaning toward bottled water as a tasty substitute but then all those plastic bottles are such a waste...well, i've really gotten to the point I'm ready to switch to water...maybe


LYNNE