Sunday, April 13, 2008

Pinewood Derby

Saturday was our pinewood derby. As it was the same day as Jackson's eighth birthday, they let him race since he was now the age of a cub scout. It was all pretty last minute for us to build the cars, but they performed pretty well.



Jonathan place 3rd out of all the races and Jackson 6th. Jackson also received the "Sleekest Car" award.



Next year we plan to be more prepared and take first and second. Andrew has already searched the internet for tips on faster cars.

4 comments:

Andreas V said...

Sweet!!!!! Good ole pinewood derby! why didn't we ever get to do anything fun like that?

Get Bent said...

Not having any brothers, I always thought the pinewood derby meant the boys rode in the cars, like a go cart or something.
I should have stuck around after the primary activity to check it out. Way to go Batman boys!

Tanya Dow said...

I'm glad they all had a good time.

Leigh said...

leave it to Andrew to find the secrets for next year. Paint it like the Batmobile!