
Today, as the kids were getting ready for school, Jon said his tummy wasn't doing to hot. Since this is Jon saying this, I believed him. He has not missed one day of school. I don't think he was too sick, but I kept him home anyway.
I felt like this could be a day to just pay attention to Jon. He is the typical middle child who blends in and doesn't demand a lot of time from me. I have to remind myself to go and find him in the house and ask him how his day was or whatever.
I loaded him up in his PJ's and told him to pick anything he wanted to eat. He chose McDonalds (of coarse) and picked out a movie we could watch together. Now we are sitting together learning how to do magic tricks.
I know I should have probably sent him to school, but I am glad I had a day with Jon all to myself.
Monday, April 7, 2008
My Day With Jon
Posted by Batman Forever at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
My mom let us do the same thing once in a while when I was little. She knew we were probaby ok to go to school but let us stay home anyways. She now refers to them as R&R days. I think every kid needs them once in a while - even better that he gets some 1 on 1 with you. Happy Jon day!
Oh that's so sweet. He is such a good boy (and he's looking more and more like a little teenager, I might add). Good for you!
Moms intuition is always right. I remember just needing a little attention once in awhile, and am so thankful for parents that paid attention to that. The best thing you can give your kids is your attention.
I want a day with Jon. Send him out to Utah for a weekend :)
R&R days. I like that. I want one of those! Except Taco Bell instead of Mcdonalds.
I have worried about the whole middle child thing myself.
Post a Comment