Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bombed

Last night they had auditions for a solo in our choir. I was all set to try out, practicing my part earlier in the day. Choir is from 7:30 till 9:30, then auditions after. Well after 2 hours of choir and practicing in the day, I had no voice left. Ever since I had pneumonia and the lingering cough, my voice doesn't last like it used to, and I can't sing softly in my upper register. It is driving me nuts. Anyways, I went to the audition, stood up when it was my turn and started to sing. 1 measure in, I said stop and sat down. I had nothing. Just a little squeak. I totally bombed. It is so disappointing. It is frustrating to know that I would normally have a shot at getting this solo, but I did not deliver. After all the girls sang, I was asked to try once more since I had been sitting there, my voice resting. I sounded better, but not good enough for the part. I would be completely shocked if I was even considered. Maybe next concert I will be more up to par.

5 comments:

Leigh said...

Dude that sucks. Better luck next time.

Maybe you should be like Celine and not talk the whole day before you sing :)

Batman Forever said...

I could just tap on the phone when you call. 2 taps for I love you!

Get Bent said...

You should have been given the part, regardless. I love listening to you sing!! That is a huge bummer though. I know how it feels to have an audition go badly, but that was usually because I was nevous, not because I lost my voice...

:)

Andreas V said...

That's so lame. I know how you feel. I'm really bad at managing my voice. I sing and sing and sing at rehearsals, and then have little left for concerts. It's really hard to hold back. I still haven't figured it out!

Tanya Dow said...

I'm sorry! There will be more solo's in your future, I'm sure. I love listening to you sing too