
Wednesday we had a meeting with the head contractor for our house. We went over all the details, all the upgrades, made sure we are on the same page.
We found out the the house will break ground on the 17th. So exciting. You know I will be there taking pictures.
Not so exciting is we found out our approximate move in date. September 22!!! Can you believe that. When we started the process the realtor said that it takes 6 months and even said late July, early August. Not sure what happened but the contractor said that that was the date. It should have never been anything else. I guess he says 6 months from ground break and she says 6 months from the day you sign papers. Oh well, that will leave my kids in the neighborhood with their friends all summer and I can pack while they are at school. Better all the way around.
The picture above is the model, but that is what the outside of our house looks like, only a different color, and we have garage doors instead of a sales office.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Breaking Ground
Posted by Batman Forever at 11:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Hey I like the way the house looks!
I thought it was going to be that colonial looking one, but I like this alot more.
I hope everything from now on goes smoothly with your contractor!
Where is this neighborhood?
Wow, it looks huge. I guess there are a lot of people in your family now! You'll be needing it!
Yeah! So exciting. I understand your "disappointed, yet probably better" feeling about the move-in date. Of course you want in a soon as possible and would make it work no matter how hard it would be but when you are on someone else's time line you make the best of it. Good for you!
Be prepared, we were told beginning of October (by the contractor) and got in the beginning or middle of November. The house looks awesome though. You aren't going to know what to do with all that space.
I want to help shop and decorate. So fun!
dangit, I was hoping you'd have a sales office in the house. Maybe that will help the boys learn to be like their father.
Post a Comment