This weekend, my two girlfriends, Katie and Tanya, and I went to the Oregon Coast for a get away from being mom's and wives. It was a much deserved break and something we plan on doing on a bi-yearly basis.
We started our adventure on Friday afternoon with dinner at the Macaroni Grill. I was so excited about this cause one of my favorite dinners is there. It was a bit of a let down though. The food was way over salted. I felt so thirsty after consuming all that sodium. After dinner it was off to the beach. It takes about 2 hours to get to Lincoln City, but we had to make a few stops on the way. You can never pass on ice cream and I guess you can never pass on Deseret Book. Who knew?
We arrived too late to take advantage of the pool and hot tub, so it was girl talk and off to bed for us.
The next morning we started off the day with a way relaxing hot tub dip, followed by some synchronized swimming lessons given by me to the gals. I didn't realize that a backward somersault in the water was so difficult, and I learned to appreciate the gifts I've been given in the water.
After that it was off to the Outlets. I was really hoping for some great deals at the Children's Place outlet, but it was closed for remodelling so I had to live with the disappointment.
We were so blessed with the weather this weekend. It was so beautiful and clear. Plus not to hot or cold. Just perfect. Of course we had to stop at the Tillamook Cheese Factory and pose with the cows.
We stopped off at the beach during low tide and found star fish and crabs and sea anemones.
Then it was off the Katie's beach house in Rockaway to stay the night. But as we got settled in, the electricity went out in the entire town. That would not do. This was a girls weekend which means hot showers or baths and blow drying our hair. I was not about to go shopping with frizzy hair. So we packed up and headed north to Seaside to stay the night in a hotel. The plus side to this was another dip in the pool and more swimming lessons for the gals. We also tried our hands at being the next Micheal Phelps. We worked on our take off from the wall, but I was too over exuberant and hit my head at the bottom of the pool. I guess there is no Olympic future for me. Another day of shopping in Seaside and Cannon beach, it was time to have some more great food and head home. Of course on the drive home, we had to stop for more ice cream, and shopping in Tansbourne, but we made it home safe and sound and can't wait till the next trip.
One funny thing. As soon as I turned off the car when I arrived at Katie's house, I helped her unload her stuff, then went to leave when my car wouldn't start. It wouldn't do anything, not even let me pop the trunk. We were so lucky that happened after we got home. As Katie would say, we are so blessed and highly favored.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Girls Weekend at the Beach
Posted by Batman Forever at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Your blog made me laugh - mine was boring!
every beach trip needs a stop at Deseret Book!
(brought to you by your friendly Deseret Book publicist)
good for you Bets
they sound like fun friends
Hope you don't mind I peeked at your blog. I'm Karey, Adam Barnes wife (Andrew and Adam were mission companions). Andrew emailed and told us you have a blog too. Check it out www.aroundthebarnesyard.blogspot.com Your blog is really cute. What an adorable family.
Wow! You really had some good times! I'm jealous.
Wow- you guys were thrown some trials to enjoy your weekend. Glad you guys had fun. =)
Post a Comment