Monday, September 15, 2008

Today's The Day

Obviously an old picture, but it's one that we are all in it.

I woke up this morning, so stiff and sore. After moving around furniture to clean under and behind it so I won't be humiliated when people come to help us move, and cleaning out the garage, which let me tell you, was a huge undertaking, I'm exhausted, and we still haven't moved yet.
This afternoon we will be handed the keys to our house!!! I'm not sure what time this will happen, I hope to get a firmer time when the office opens this morning. But until then, there is still a lot of work to do. I still have some furniture to paint and the kids room to tackle. I hope a long shower this morning will get my body to loosen and be more mobile. This is when I'm very aware of how out of shape and overweight I am. Time to rectify that.
Andrew is determined that we will spend the night in the new house, so the first things that need to be loaded are our beds. We can handle that on our own without the help of big strapping men, but they will show up tomorrow around 5:30 to help us load all the big stuff.
We have moved 13 times in our marriage, so we have this down and know what we are doing, but I sure look forward to setting down our roots, and hopefully never moving again.

5 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

Make sure you take a good, LONG soak in the tub since you will be busy, busy, busy for a few days!

Andreas V said...

oh man, I don't envy the moving. But I do envy the new house! Hopefully this will be the last time for you guys.

Jill said...

Hooray for the new house! It was so fun for us to sleep in our house the first night (I think all we had moved in was mattresses) but we were determined to stay there that night, too! Happy day!

Brandon and Becca said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures of the new place (and see it in person).

Leigh said...

so my bed is made, right? :)