Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So Quiet


Today was the first day of school for my kids. Can I tell you how quiet it was today? I didn't realize how much I missed silence. Nobody to ask me questions, nobody making messes right after I picked up. I loved it. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but I also love a break. And remember, I still have Gavin around, but he gives me a good 3 hour nap in the middle of the day. 3 hours with no children running around at all. I is great.
The kids loved school. Isaac started his first day of middle school. How crazy is it that he's so old? I feel like he was just born. Time flies! Ellie started her first day of first grade, which is all day. She did fine and loved her new teacher. She was a little scared to go this morning, afraid she wouldn't be able to find her classroom. Jackson promised her he would escort her to her class which is just 2 doors down from his. Jon and Jack have the same teachers they had last year, with the same students. Nothing to be scared about for them. They came home happy to see friends they missed all summer, and glad no homework came home today.

3 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

You gotta love the first day of school! I got so much done!!!

Leigh said...

ah Ellie is all grown up.

blog post request: Isaac and football. I want pics in full uniform, and in action!

Jill said...

I've only got Zack, but no nap. I think we've got some serious shopping to do!