Well we did it. We were handed the keys to our new house around 5:00 last night. Our main goal was to get all the beds in the house so we could spend the night. Not only did we do that, but we got all the kids dressers in, the kitchen table and of course, the new tv.
Everybody went to bed great, the baby laid right down with out a fuss. Everyone except me. I have laid here all night trying to fall asleep. I think I am too sore and exhausted, and I am in new surroundings,which I am continually decorating in my mind.
I should medicate myself, which I would, but all the medication is at the other house. So instead of medication, I am on my laptop, stealing internet service from the neighbors, and trying to become drowsy enough to fall asleep. I've pretty much given up hope, as it is 4:00 in the morning, and sleep has alluded me so far.
By the way, the house is so amazing. Just the few pieces of furniture in it make it look so much better then in already is. I would walk in with a new load of things, as stare in awe that this really is my home. It took us a long time to make this dream come true, and now I can't wait to finish all the things in my head. Curtains and slipcovering couches, new furniture, and a beautiful backyard, which will be a daunting task, but it needs to get done cause it will be a mud pit soon and there is no way I'm letting anyone go back there so they can traipse mud through the house.
Anyways, I'm so excited to finish and through a party so all of my friends and family can come and see our dream come true. I will try to be quick. The kids are determined to have a slumber party this Friday for all their neighborhood friends. I hope that can happen.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Weary
Posted by Batman Forever at 4:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I am so excited for you!!! And jealous, my time will come. And I will need help decorating, so I expect you to get plenty of practice and help me when the time comes. Congrats!!!
I don't know about this moving thing. You're too busy to listen to my boring ramblings on the phone.
I am so excited for you!! That is so awesome. I am excited to have a nice house someday. The time will come!! Not that I am not grateful for what I have. I am very grateful. A house is still a house, right?
photos, photos!
Hey Betsy, it's Caprene (yes, blast from the past) - Leigh's always mentioning stuff from your blog, so I read up once and a while to get the full story. Thought I'd leave a comment. Congrats on your house. I've been in my place for over a year now and still have SOOO much I want to do with it. But I already can tell how talented you are with decorating stuff (Leigh's shown pix, pix on your site, and stuff hanging around Leigh's place)I bet your house is going to be fabulous and YOU in no time.
Again, congrats!
Wow, you must be so exhausted. How are you going to be rested enough for your big trip here in a couple weeks? Make sure you take care of yourself!
Post a Comment