Last weekend I flew into L.A to meet Andrew for a weekend away, without kids. Yippee! We had an awesome time. The weather was great, not too hot.
I flew in Friday morning and had the day to myself while Andrew finished up his convention. I laid by the pool and read, took and nap and went shopping. Once Andrew got in, we walked around and went to CPK for dinner. After that, some swimming and early to bed. Too bad our AC in the room didn't work. The place looked really nice from the outside, but I didn't love the place. Oh well.
Day two took was a no agenda day. We rented the car and decided to find the celebrities. So we headed to Hollywood. We didn't spot any, but we really don't know our way around. Then we thought we could find some in Beverly Hills, so off we went. Still no sightings, so we decided a beach was needed and gave up on our star spotting. We went to Santa Monica first. It was crazy crowded. You couldn't really relax. So we walked along the pier and went to Bubba Gump Shrimp for lunch. Cute place.
After that, we wanted to lay down and enjoy the sun and sand, so we went in search of a quiet beach. We found it in El Segundo. It was perfect. We got a little burnt, but love snuggling on the beach and listening to the surf.
Then on to Redondo Beach to check out all the sail boats. Andrew would love one some day. I just laugh at him. We saw some seals. So cute. Then we had snacks at The Cheesecake Factory, right on the water.
We had such a great time and decided we need to do this more often.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
L.A. Getaway
Posted by Batman Forever at 7:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That sounds like it was a totally relaxing trip, doing whatever, whenever. We need to do it more often also!
What a nice getaway! You are hilarious! When J & I went to LA last year, that's what I wanted to do too- check out Hollywood & Beverly Hills. But, it turned out to be further than we wanted to drive (we stayed in Anahiem), maybe next time- (& Wicked!)
I love Redondo beach!
Post a Comment