Fourth of July is an excuse to gather the extended family. We all head to my Aunt and Uncle Warning's house. They live in Lacey, Washington on a beautiful property on the lake. They have a huge yard that allows us to play badminton, boccie ball, croquet, and the kids can play on the playground. That is all just in the front yard. In the back, we eat, roast marsh mellows to make the best Smores, play and fish in the lake. The kids love to go tubbing behind the boat. Leigh, Louise and I tried it and got pretty beat up. I fell off and am still sore.
Our favorite thing to do is have kayak relays. We have 3 teams of 4, and set off around two buoys. It is very competitive and people have been known to hit each other to get an advantage. The hardest part is getting in and out of the kayak. It is very intense.
The morning we arrived we went to Salter's Point. This is an amazing place to find sea creatures. Uncle David knows so much about oceanography, he can tell you about everything you pick up, and make it fun. We saw starfish, crabs and sea snails. We did this when I was a kids, so I glad the tradition is being passed on to my kids.
On the third of July, we went to the Lacey fireworks show. We had our own patriotic music mix, thanks to Leigh, and danced all over the parking lot, waiting for the show to begin.
Notice the colored hair on the kids. We put in red and blue colored gel and spiked them all up. They looked pretty funny but patriotic.The 4th was your usual barbecue and fun. That night we sat down by the lake and watched all the neighbors compete for the best fireworks display. You can't believe the amount of money these people blow. Thousands of dollars I'm sure. It is pretty scary to be so close to the fireworks. You feel like they are gonna fall on your head. The kids loved it.
We had a wonderful weekend. Great food, family and fun.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Happy 4th of July
Posted by Batman Forever at 7:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Looks like so tons of fun. I love all the pics - you got a lot of good ones! My kids love tidepools and all those little creatures too.
Looks like so much fun. We're sad we missed the big event! Glad it was such a success!
I really wish I could have been there! I can't wait until August to come and visit.
Wow what a weekend! Looks like you guys had a blast. :)
Post a Comment