Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mother of the Year


Today Gavin received his first shiner. He got it while performing his new trick, climbing up on to the couch and going up and over the top. We knew it was coming, and have tried to take precautions from it happening. One way was to make sure he always has socks on. That way he can't get a good grip and pull himself up. Another precaution was to take down the barricade that kept him in the room with the couch. Well, neither one of them worked.

Today I was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher, and Gavin was in the room behind me. He had his socks on, so I wasn't worried. But then came the crash. I can't believe how loud it was. He cried so hard. I am pretty sure he landed on his face, cause his eye is a little puffy and turning a nice shade of purple. My poor, beautiful baby.

I feel so bad. But I hope that now he has done his trick, he has learned his lesson. Here's to hoping!

4 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

By the "here's to hoping" I am figuring that you know it is probably going to happen again. Such short memories they have! Hope he heals quickly.

Leigh said...

Ah he's still pretty cute with that shiner! The little rascal. He's looking like you as a child with all those black eyes.

Anonymous said...

It happens to the best of us. I don't know how you did it with...how many boys do you have..like 6? j/k. I can barely keep up with one.

Andreas V said...

yeah, he's still a cutey.