
I was running my errands, when on the radio came news that Heath Ledger was dead. I was shocked. This is the same Heath Ledger that I saw at the zoo this summer. I remember it like it was yesterday...
I was with my family at the monkey exhibit looking at a baboon, when my sister nudges me and wants to know if she is seeing who she thinks she is seeing. I look over and make eye contact with him and know for sure. It was Heath Ledger.
I really wanted to go up to him and get a picture. I also wanted him to know that we knew he was going to be Joker in the new Batman, and wanted to tell him we were the REAL Batman's. Instead I inched my way towards him and stood as close as I could while still staring at the monkeys. Leigh was able to snap a picture with the both of us in it.
After the picture, we were leaving the exhibit and trying to get out the door, when Heath himself came and held the door for us so we could get the stroller out. We thought he was so nice.
Anyways, I can't believe he is gone. Sad he left a daughter behind. Now my zoo experience is even more special.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Farewell Heath
Posted by Batman Forever at 5:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
RIP Heath! The Portland zoo will never be the same.
I also loved how he appreciated the fact we didn't yell, "HEATH! Can we take your picture!" We were so sneaky. I think that's why he held open the door for us.
Man, look how close you were to him!
Post a Comment