
Yesterday we went to church early so we could see our friends bless their baby. The blessing was in the bishops office. Once the blessing was over, the Bishop let the kids have a peppermint candy for being so good and quiet. As we were getting ready to head out, we were all paying attention to the cute baby, when all of the sudden, Ellie was crying. I look over at her and she is all red. Then Brother Gueblin of our bishopric said that he had noticed her quietly freaking out, so examined her more closely and noticed she was choking. So he jumped behind her and gave her the hymlic. It only took one try and her mint popped out. Thank goodnees Brother G noticed our daughter about to die. None of us were paying her any attention, and it isn't like she could scream and yell to get our attenion. Poor girl. I wish this episode would deter her from eating sweets, but she kept on eating her candy once it wasn't blocking her airway. You just can't waste a good piece of candy.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Ellie's Trauma
Posted by Batman Forever at 11:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
That is so scary! The same thing happened to Camryn on Thanksgiving. It freaks out out for a while! I'm glad Ellie is ok.
How scary! I'm glad she's okay and that it hasn't deterred her from consuming her sweets.
Thank heavens for Brother Guebling. What a scary time for poor Ellie!!
I'm glas someone was paying attention to your child. Just kidding. How horrible!! I hope that she is feeling better. I would a=say that candy maakes everything better but that's what got her into this mess. Maybe she should stick to chewies from now on. ;o)
Trauma (you forgot the "U" - although maybe you did it on purpose, a combo of drama and trauma) :) We both need very calm weeks...I had my nap yesterday, how 'bout you?
Thanks for the editing Tanya. How humiliating to misspell my title. Thanks and sorry.
No, I didn't get a nap, but I was pretty lazy.
I heard Korynn found a miracle. Pretty cool.
Jeez...scary!
Post a Comment