Sunday, October 12, 2008

Directionally Challenged




Yesterday Isaac's football game was in Colton. Where is Colton you ask? Pretty stinkin' far away, especially if you go the way we went. Colton is just east of Mollala. About an hour from our house. Or it should be an hour. It took us a good hour and a half, because we tacked on an extra 30 miles to our trip.
When we discussed where the game was, I heard it mentioned that it was past Aurora, where a recent game was played. So when we got in the car to head to Colton, we just headed down I-5. Once we approached Aurora, I mentioned that we better check out the address, so we didn't miss the exit. Well...., we found out that we didn't know where the heck we were going. Turns out that Colton isn't very far from where we live. I mean, it isn't close, but no where near the area we were thinking. So after we had already been heading southwest for about 45 minutes, we turned east and went another 45 minutes to our destination. If we had just headed southeast, we would have made it in 1 hour. But that would have put us there early, and then what would we have done. I like to think that this way, we had a beautiful drive and a fun time with the kids.
Sometimes we are really bright!

4 comments:

Tanya Dow said...

You need Gloria!

Andreas V said...

you're funny

Get Bent said...

Sounds like a day with me driving. =)

Jill said...

Try driving with Mark. He may be the most directionally challenged individual ever.