Tuesday, August 19, 2008

House Update

It has been a long time since I posted about our house, so I thought I would update you. As of today, our house is pretty much done. I think the only thing left to do it paint the front door red, put the fridge in, fix a couple of things and clean it. Yesterday they put up the fence, but I don't have a picture of it. They have bumped up our move in day by a week so the day we get the key is September 15th. That isn't very far away. I'm way excited but starting to stress about all the things we need to buy to put in the house. I also need to get things organized around here so I can pack. We need to rent a dumpster and purge of all the crap. Maybe I should have a garage sale. I'm sure I have a lot I could sell. We shall see. Like I have so much time or something. All and all, we are so happy with how the house looks and can't wait to get in it. We'll make sure to have a house warming party soon so everyone can see it.

I love the stone work around the columns.

The stair way off the kitchen. I love the railing.

The tile guys screwed up and tore the wall. I think some repairs are called for here.

Doesn't my granite look so good? I love it.

Looking in from the dining room to the kitchen.

The butlers pantry. I don't know why they call it that, cause I'm pretty sure the house doesn't come with a butler.

This is just the carpet and hardwoods. They look nice together.

This is the upstairs family room area. Notice all the lights on the ceiling. This is one of the things they need to fix. It looks so crazy with all those lights up there. You can't see it but it is three lights in a row. It will be 2 can lights and a ceiling fan. It is funny the things they mess up on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING your house. Everything looks so awesome!!

Tanya Dow said...

Very exciting! I can't wait to go walk through - everything you picked looks awesome together.

L and T said...

looks great, I guess I know where we are vacationing next year.
see you soon, I am very handi-capable and ready to partay

Get Bent said...

The house looks awesome! I love the stone on the columns too. And the color your house is on the outside. It is gorgeous. Ahh, getting rid of all unwanted stuff...the next step. Fun.
Sounds like what I am doing now that I am home... :)

Matthias and Jenn said...

wow your house is beautiful!

Leigh said...

LOVE that you have grass now. How's my room?

Brandon and Becca said...

I am so excited to come see it once you get moved in. It is going to be awesome for you guys.