Today is our last day in Mexico. Every time I think about it, it makes me laugh. I mean. I'm in Mexico getting weight loss surgery. That is pretty crazy. Almost surreal. But things have gone well here. You definitely get what you pay for.
The hospital where we had the surgery was nice. Very clean and we were taken well care of. The nurses were funny with the language barrier. Some could speak a little and figure out what was needed, while others would just nod their heads and smile. You knew that had no clue what you wanted. I was hoping that having a husband with me speaking spanish would help. But he was a real disappointment. He seems to forgot every basic word in spanish. Words like pillow, and blanket and medicine. I was amazed at how much spanish he has lost. He can understand them really well, but he can't speak it like he used to.
After the hospital, they took us to this hotel. This hotel makes me laugh. It has the apperence of being nice, but it is pretty much a motel 6. The beds are incredibly hard that I slept like crap the first night. But I called the doc in the morning and got some sleeping pills. Oh how I love sleeping pills.
We've met a great couple from Seattle who we've really enjoyed. She had the surgery the same time as me and he husband is a car guy. Perfect.
The 4 days of clear liquids are blah. I'm not a big jello fan and I've had enough jello to last my life. I thnk it is funny how I get excited for the chicken broth. But after sweet jello, and apple juice and popsicles, you want something savory. And the chicken broth is more filling. Today I get to start on FULL liquids. That means anything that I can suck up with a straw without using a straw. I guess straws are no nos. The get too much air in the food, and with the amount of gas our bodies are dealing with, I can't imagine adding more air. But I'm excited for some more flavor today.
This has been an adventure. One that I would do again and reccomend to others. Andrew and I have really enjoyed the time we've had away from the real life. My recovery is going well. I am sore. Some days very sore, but I can still get up and walk around. Today I feel the best yet, which is good cause yesterday was the worst day. The dreaded day 3. I slept well last night and am sure I'm fine for our long car ride home. We will get home on Saturday night, hopefully. After that I'll try to update the blog on my journey. See you in a few days.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Heading Home
Posted by Batman Forever at 7:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Sorry your hotel was cruddy & your Andrew's spanish was disappointing. Hopefully the worst is over and you will be home to your own bed tomorrow!
Post a Comment