Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Few Bumps



Recovery was going so good. I wasn't very sore, I could move very well, and eating was going awesome. I was following all the rules, so everything should be smooth sailing right? Well 2 days ago I woke up feeling a little sore, so I went to take some Tylenol. Now the pills are too big for me to take, so I cut them in half. I put one half in my mouth and a bit of water to swallow it down, when all of the sudden I hurt. Right about where my band is. And then it felt like I was gonna throw up. I tried swallowing more water, but I could tell it wasn't going through the band and filling up my esophagus instead. And it was so uncomfortable. Then I was really worried. What if the band slipped. If that was the case, I would have to have another surgery. But I was just overly worried. I called my doc, and they think that the Tylenol was too big and got stuck. It then irritated the band and it swelled almost shut. So they ordered me back to a clear liquid diet for 2 to 3 days. I do notice that if I drink warm/hot liquids they go down just fine. So I have stopped worrying and just letting the healing process take place. Tomorrow I get to go back to full liquids, and I'm so excited to be back to flavor. Some tasty soup sound so good. By the way, I've lost 10 pounds already!

1 comments:

Leigh said...

gosh I told you to stop taking pictures of yourself in the morning!