Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving



This year we had a blended family Thanksgiving.  Andrew's Mom and Step-dad came from Sacramento, and my parents, Leigh, Mike and Susie were here, along with Andrew's brother Brad and his wife Sarah, and their 2 kids.  Also, Lola's kids, Julius and Sydney.  That makes 20.  It was exciting to have Thanksgiving at our new house, and even with 20 people, it didn't feel too crowded.  

The dinner was fine.  Not one of my best, but not bad by any means.  This year I decided to try baking pies.  As I've said before, I'm not a baker, but I thought it would be fun to try.  I did pretty good, with the exception of the chocolate cream pie.  I did two pumpkin, an apple and the bitter chocolate cream pie.  It's too bad the later didn't turn out too well, cause that was the one I was looking forward to.  
All in all, it was a good holiday, filled with good food, fun cards, and great family.

0 comments: