Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunday, a Day of Rest

Sunday started off like it always does. Church doesn't start till 11, so I am slow to get up, and we are nice and calm in the morning. Or we were until Gavin fell headfirst off the barstool. He cried and seemed fine, so we went about getting ready. About 30 minutes later, he does it again. This time was worse then the first cause he didn't land too well. He cried harder then he did the first time. I looked him over and he got a good bump and scratch on the head, but that was it. So we headed off to church. About halfway through sacrament meeting, Gavin threw up. That got us concerned. People kept telling us to take him to the emergency room, saying he had a concussion. But I did not want to do that. So I called the on-call doc and he said that he was fine, since he only threw up once and was happy and seemed content. Whew, that was lucky. So we put him in nursery and stayed at church.

After church I was talking to people in the hall and thought all the kids were in the car with Andrew, but I was wrong. All the sudden, Jon runs to me and says Jackson is really hurt in the gym. I'm thinking, why are they in the gym. So I go running and find Jackson bleeding. Alot. And the kind and compasionate mother that I am said, "this is what happens when you run in the church!" On closer inspection I discovered that Jackson's nose was pretty bange up. I couldn't tell if it was broken cause it was still straight. While I was cleaning him up, I noticed that his mouth looked weird. 2 of his teeth were chipped! So I loaded us up in the car and immediately called our friend and dentist. They said to come right over. That was such a relief to know we could be looked at so quickly. So on the drive, I asked what happened, and Jon said that they were running around the gym with the lights off, and Jon and Jack crashed into eachother, head first. Jon says he passed out for bit, and Jack got all the injuries. My kids are crazy!


The dentist said that we got lucky and the nerve wasn't exposed, so he just needed filling. We could fill them cosmetically, or just fill. I voted for the least expensive and later we can make them look pretty again. This morning the dentist fixed him all up, and he is pretty much good as new.

I'm feeling like mother of the year. I was so glad I didn't have to call the doctor a second time yesterday, as I'm sure they would red flag me. In fact, our friend/dentist said I should go to bed with my house sparkling clean and make sure I didn't sleep in, just in case CPS showed up. Funny.



3 comments:

Leigh said...

K isn't it terrible that I giggled the whole time I read this? I'm just pitching WWE in the church gym gone bad. Glad they are OK though. Not sure about the whole passing out thing. But oh Gavin is adorable in that picture. He looks very mischievous.

Get Bent said...

OH man! What a day. Glad everyone is ok.

Sister Madalynn Bingham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.