Last week I flew to Utah to go to Women's Conference with my Mom and Leigh. When I first arrived, I wasn't feeling too pretty. My roots were really bad and I felt like I was looking dirty. So on the way to Leigh's house from the airport, we stopped at Target and bought a box of ash blonde hair color. I thought, no big deal, I can do this. Well.... it turned out orange and grey. Really. Orange and grey like a Tabby cat. So my mom's friend Debi grabbed another box of color she had in her house, a warm blonde. We thought this would take out the grey color and maybe lighten some of the orange. But... it didn't change a thing. Now it was 1 in the morning and I needed to hit the sack cause we were getting up early to head to BYU.
So I went to the first day of Women's Conference with the ugliest hair there. And let me tell you, there was some butt ugly hair. So bad that we would sneak and take pictures of some of the big, sculpturous hair. But I think mine was the worst. I was so aware of how bad it looked. Especially in the sunlight.
The speakers that we saw at the conference that day were not the greatest. A bit boring. But the concert that night was FABULOUS. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. But you need the whole story, so here it goes.
Before the concert, Leigh had to go and help out with all the artists, so the rest of us waited with all the other 18,000 women for them to open the doors to let us in. I thought that it sucked so I texted Leigh and asked if she could get us in. She worked her magic and told us to go in this side door, where all the artists enter. We walk in, and there is Alex Boye'. You know that black guy that sings in the MoTab and does all the spirituals.
So Leigh says hi to him, and I thought my mom was gonna pass out. She has a major crush on him. Leigh then leads us to the floor of the stage and says take a seat. Now the concert is in the Marriot Center, so the stage is on the court and there are only 2 rows of chairs for the artist families. So we sit right in the center.
Then Hillary Weeks comes out to do her sound check. I loved it and couldn't help singing along. Afterwards she comes up to us and asked how we scored such great seats. We told her about Leigh and then she said she say me singing with her. I said yes, I love her cd. I have it in my car right now. Then she said she had a cold so could I step in if she needed me. I told her I was a fabulous back up singer. How funny. The concert started and I felt like a teenager again. We were screaming and dancing and giggly. It was a blast.
Once we got home, I grabbed another box of hair color to repair my hair disaster. Debi said it would take 2 applications to get it right, so I dyed my hair twice that night. If you are counting, that is 4 dye jobs in 2 days. My scalp was on fire!!! But I think the final product turned out great. It is way different from what I would normally do, but it is fun to change.
The second day of the conference was pretty good. We ended it with hearing from L. Tom Perry, who I love. He is great. I really enjoyed the conference and would love to go again next year.
The rest of the weekend we just hung out and had a good time. It was a nice break away from my real life.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Women's Conference
Posted by Batman Forever at 9:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
by the way it is butt (that's 2 "t's" for butt ugly. So glad you had fun, this narrative made me laugh.
don't mind that I forgot the end of my ( ) (whatever those things are called).
Love your cute hair!
Your hair turned out way cute!! SOrry I didn't get to say goodbye-! =)
Post a Comment