![]()
It is so weird to figure out the things I can eat with the lapband. Some food that works good for me, really hurts someone else. Take rice for example. I have discovered that I can't eat rice. It hurts. Really hurts. I think because it swells once it gets in my tummy. But I know I can't eat it, or I will just throw it up. And bread is tough too. But one food I can't eat, which should be a good thing but just makes me sad is french fries. Every time I try to eat one I regret it. I also notice it is hard to have sugar.
Figuring all this out makes it kinda scary to eat since you don't know how it will make you feel. I do notice if I have no carbs and straight protein, I don't hurt at all. I haven't been brave enough for steak, but I assume if it is tender enough, I'll love it. And I seem fine with fruits and veggies. So what my body is telling me is that I can only eat healthy things. Go figure.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Food Mysteries
Posted by Batman Forever at 6:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I totally know what you mean. After having my gallbladder out in December... I never know if a new food is going to make me ill. Popcorn is seriously BAD!! It gets better though... I'm sure your body will adjust. My Mom and sister had gastric bypass a few years ago and they had problems with food too. My Mom still can't have cereal with milk!
Hopefully it will get easier for you when you figure out what foods work for you. Good luck! I'm so happy for you!! :)
Post a Comment