
I am a facebooker, and I enjoy reading my friends status updates and see what's going on with them. But lately it hasn't been as fun. A lot of status updates are very political, which is fine, but then someone comes under that and disagrees with their point of view. Then it's a lot of back and forth and then bullying. It has made me sad to see people who are friends go into all out wars about differing opinions. Can't we just agree to disagree?
I don't comment on any of these, but the other day I had had it and made a status update about how I wish facebook would go back to cute, witty and imaginative status updates, all the other stuff leads to bullying.
Well that opened me up to attacks. I should've known better. Now these people are implying how stupid and empty headed I am with no political opinion.
I have an opinion, I just don't see facebook as the platform to state it. I don't believe I'm stupid, you may feel differently, but I do feel stupid that I opened myself up to be ridiculed. Lessons learned I guess.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Bullied
Posted by Batman Forever at 9:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I feel the same way!! I hate that everything has turned so political. I feel that it doesn't matter who I am talking to I have to be very careful in what I say so that I don't start a war. I hate talking politics. That is why I only discuss it with Kirk. I promise to only post cute thing on Facebook!
I know what you mean. I am so sorry that you were a victim of bullying. I try to be careful of what I post on there because you never know who you will offend, and it's jut sad that people get offended at all about others opinions. I think you are so right, why can't we just agree to disagree?
That is horrible....I agree Betsy can't we just agree to disagree (I know we do:) I still love you even though you vote Republican and I vote Democrat..Love you!
I completely agree with you. Facebook (for me) is about keeping in touch with friends and sharing experiences with each other. It's my "entertainment" so to speak. And I don't choose to be entertained with political discussions. That doesn't make me stupid (or you). There are times when I decide to get into a political conversation but I choose NOT to do it online. I feel bad that you got a negative response from sharing your honest feelings. We all have the right to our opinions and people should never be attacked (or attack others) for the opinions shared. Oh, the lessons of life. :o)
I think it's fine to share views on FB, but I don't like it when people bully. That has happened to me a few times, and I won't name names. I think politics in America are so emotionally heated. It's that way in Denmark as well, but people are more open to hearing other views. We should be willing and open to hear the other side and stop thinking so much left or right. A lot of times, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. So if we stopped being so defensive about our beliefs and were open to hearing another view, then maybe people wouldn't get their feelings hurt and then start bullying. The reason why I've been sharing things with people is because I have come to learn things about our government in which I feel a responsibility to share. This is not about republican or democrat, left or right. So I hope you can see my intentions for posting things. I am truly trying to share with people what I have come to learn. At the age of 38, I have just begun to see things as they really are. So please don't take offense to my postings, as I will probably continue to post things in an effort to wake people up to our terrible situation. And if people don't agree, they can just say they don't agree. That's totally cool. That's what America's all about (or was intended to be). But I totally agree with you that we can't bully those that disagree. That goes for both sides of the political spectrum. Because everyone is doing what think is good and right for our country (most people anyway). Anyway, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Have a great time this weekend with Ellie's baptism. I so wish I could be there, but it worked out that we booked the ticket for June. Because right after I booked it, I got called to do this big stake festival for June 12th. So, that must have been inspiration! Anyway, have a great weekend! I'll be thinking about you.
Post a Comment