Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Family Cards


The other night we played a rousing game of UNO. This is my kids favorite game, and they ask to play it all the time. Between me and you, I get pretty bored with this game. So much so that I decided to change it up. It told the kids that if anyone says the words NO of KNOW, they have to draw 2 cards. You don't realize how often you say those words, especially playing with kids. No kids, be fair; no, it's Isaac's turn; no I don't. We ran through the deck of cards really fast, and we laughed so much, I loved it. Jackson didn't cry once that he had too many cards, since he saw that we all did. So the next time you're playing Uno, try the NO rule. It really wakes up the game.

5 comments:

Leigh said...

um ... NO ;)

Tanya Dow said...

Good mom playing cards with your kids! And being creative - YEAH YOU

Get Bent said...

good idea!

Jill said...

That game makes me sleepy, too. I love your new rule, though. We'll have to try that one next time. My mom gave them an Uno game that shoots out cards, and that one makes things a little more exciting.

Andreas V said...

sounds like fun!