Last Thursday our ward had Enrichment night, and since I'm the EnrichmentLleader, I put on Survivor, Preparedness style. I was so great.
The women arrived and were led to the Primary room. Once they were there, the Presidency welcomed them while my board and I made a mad dash throwing a "fire" up in the breeze way (it was dry ice and celophane flames, and making a mud slide down the hall with falling fake ficus trees and boulders made of garbage bags and lunch sacks. Once that was done, I signaled the okay and all the lights went out in the primary room and thunder and lightning sounded. Then the radio came on with the Emergency Broadcast Message, recorded by Barry from our ward. It was great and told the women there was a disaster of Biblical proportions and they needed to evacuate the building immediately. The women grabbed flashlights and tried to find the nearest exit. They first headed for the closest exit, but that had our fire, then the tried for the west exit, but that darn mudslide blocked their path. So on to the east exit. On the way there we obsticles in the way, fallen chairs, more boulders, a tipped over couch and lots of caution tape. When they finally made it outside, I welcomed them to Survivor and had them draw their team color out of a bag. Once in teams we headed into the gym to start the team challanges. The challanges consisted of making shelter. This was who could put up and take down a tent the fastest. Then first aid where they had a victim they had to take care of. The team to do it the fastest and correctly won for that round. Then to the water station where they answered tough questions related to water purification. Then to 72 hour kits where they did a word scramble to figure out what items to place in their backpacks. And the last challenge was food. The women had to decide what item had the beans. There were 5 desserts, and the same desserts made with beans. Surprisingly, the bean desserts weren't so bad.
Now that the challenges were over, we headed to the Relief Society room for tribal council where the Bishop gave us a great talk on spiritual preparedness. Then we awarded our Ultimate Survivor team and had food storage desserts.
It was a fabulous evening and I think the women loved it. It was a lot of work, and I wish more had showed up, we had about 20, but it was still great.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Survivor
Posted by Batman Forever at 7:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I loved it!
Post a Comment